Sunday, November 27, 2005

So Much To Be Thankful For...





We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! It was A.) great to be off work....and....B.) great to be with family. We had Thanksgiving at our house with my side of the family on Thursday. WOW...I never knew how much work it was to prepare a huge dinner! Tommy and I usually slide in about 30 minutes before dinner is served....but hosting it showed both of us all of the hours that go into such a dinner! We now have a renewed sense of appreciation for the family chefs! Mom cooked all evening in her Weimy slippahs...aren't they cute? See Grandma relaxing in Tommy's chair? He never gives that chair up....but she left him no choice. By the end of the night...he was even bringing her drinks, magazines, and pieces of pie! On Friday, we celebrated with Dad and Janae (Dad, is it alright if I say your name on my blog?? *wink*) In the above picture, you can see the men chatting in the living room. Isn't their tree pretty? I think Clara Claus is responsible for the strategic placement of those lights! And look at little Riles...if there ever was a cuter dog with an underbite...someone please let me know!
Most importantly...we have millions of things to be thankful for..... God, our marriage, our families, our dogs, our church, our friends, our home, our jobs, our health, and sooooooo much more! Our cup runneth over.....
And now....let the holiday season begin!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Bravo on your first Thanksgiving dinner...I am sure everything tasted wonderful. You have always been the entertainer. I wou;d like to thank you for making time for our dinner on Friday that meant so much to me...you and Tommy are the best! I love you both!
Janae

P.S. I also think Riley is much more photogenic than myself

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Bravo on your first Thanksgiving dinner...I am sure everything tasted wonderful. You have always been the entertainer. I would like to thank you for making time for our dinner on Friday that meant so much to me...you and Tommy are the best! I love you both!
Janae

P.S. I also think Rylee is much more photogenic than myself

Anonymous said...

Sara - looks like you all had a wonderful holiday! I'm sure you were the perfect hostess to your family, as always! You're so right...there is so much to be thankful for. Know that you, along with all the ladies from our group, are at the top of my list of things to be thankful for this year!

~Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Sara,
Nice pictures!
Love,
Dad