Sunday, January 06, 2008

my work cut out for me...


I have some work to do this week...
first item on the to do list is this...

Isabella's nursery before Christmas...


And...after Christmas...

If any time remains after this job is done...
Other things I'd like to get accomplished include...
starting a baby book
cleaning floors
starting a mondo beyondo list for 08
(i did the uber list for 07 ((a list of 107 things to accomplish in the new year)) and really liked it. Hopefully the mondo beyondo list will be as good. I will post about this soon.
getting my 08 calendar set up (one of my favorite things to do)
dinner with blake and tex
take the Christmas tree and various other pieces of Christmas down...
I procrastinated with this because I was waiting for my new Sterling Pear ornament storage organizer to arrive. It is here so now I have no excuse.
(I actually won this item from a website called Design Mom..she has fabulous give aways from different companies (some for kids, some for their mommas) almost every single week. All you have to do is enter your name. It is a great website. Google 'design mom blog' and I am sure you'll find it. If not, leave me a comment and I'll try to remember to post the actual web address) Hurry on over...I think she has a give away going on right now. She has hundreds of readers -- so I can't promise that you'll win...but I enter all the ones that I like....and I finally won one...so you might too!
Clean bathrooms (sick--i hate this job!)
finish ALL birthday, baby, Christmas thank you notes!
thaw several dinners (thanks to dad and janae for getting us 24 meals from dinners by design as a baby welcome present. What a help they have been! And they are delicious, too)
Go through baby clothes to see if Ella has grown enough to wear any of them
make some plans for my sister-in-law's visit (can't wait to see you lib)
read some of my book (A Thousand Splendid Suns)
take baby for a walk if weather holds out
tidy up my car (this, I have trouble with!)
order some pictures for basement frames
etc etc etc


We had a great visit with Jack&Company. We got to have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory along with a quick visit to Janie and Jack for some baby shopping. (Jack got to throw $100 in change in the fountain while we shopped! haha)
We played C L R (fun dice game with dollars)
We watched the games.
We did some more shopping.
We just visited--which is always the best part.
Now I will have to plan a trip to Michigan for Ella and me in March to visit after baby thompson is born.
Thanks for coming guys. As always--it was a great time.




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That nursery is like a magazine nursery, it's so beautiful!

-erin m said...

Sara, the nursery is absolutely beautiful! Looks like Ella had a great Christmas.

Unknown said...

Sara, I'm so happy you like your Ornament Storage Box from Sterling Pear. (www.sterlingpear.com.)
Congratulations on winning! -Janet

Amy said...

Well, well..I had no idea you were back! And it appears that you have been quite the busy girl! Congrats on the baby..she is lovely! I have so missed your blog and had finally just given up! Glad you are back to it!!! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

is abby very close to the space heater or is it just me?

Casey Wallace said...

Love the nursery, Sara.

The Adventures of Maverick & the Mrs. said...

I love that nursery! It doesn't scream "BABY! BABY!! BABY!!!" It looks so peaceful and tranquil. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Tidy up your car may be an understatement. Kiss Ella for me. I miss her.

Meg Palmer said...

Sura, thanks for updating your blog! Ella is so beautiful! The nursery-gorgeous! I wouldn't expect anything less! I thought about you guys on new years! Hope to see you sometime soon!

susan said...

hi sara. i am whit, ellen, & meredith's friend from home and met you years ago! i love to read your sweet notes everyday. i have a blog--live simply. we made it private a while back. please email me at susan_vickers@hotmail.com if you'd like to have access. so happy for you all.

Jennifer said...

Hi Sara, I love the nursery. Post some more pics so I can rip off some ideas for Cooper's room. :)

Here's a blog I found that has this really sweet family jewelry (with a modern twist) that I thought was super cute and thought you might like also. Is it too late for Tommy to get you a push present? If not, this would be ideal. :) This is what I am asking for- the family tree pendant.

Love ya!